Freelance UX/UI Designer
You’ve worked hard to make the web crisp and easier to use. You’ve never been completely happy with a website because you know it can always be improved (and you know just the trick).
The User Interface / User Experience (UX/UI) Freelance Designer we’re looking for will drive solutions and concepts from “idea” to “finished product” and help to improve every aspect of the projects we manage. You’ll create elegant, inspiring and relevant interface design solutions. When applying, make sure to send the link to your portfolio. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- Confidently pitching your ideas by utilizing web analytics data, consumer insights, market research and proven user-centered design principles in the creation of interface designs.
- Develop site maps, detailed navigation flows, use case scenarios, process flows and wireframes to effectively conceptualize and communicate interaction behaviors.
- Create pixel-perfect mock-ups for delivery to the development team using Photoshop, Illustrator/etc.
- Work alongside the development team as we build the next platform and the cutting-edge new site and mobile sites.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data.
- Create conceptual designs and oversee the development of working prototypes using InVision.
- Conduct ongoing competitive reviews, provide leadership in the area of e-commerce trends and user interface innovations, as well as, identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively review, refine, and recommend new user experience concepts across multiple web and mobile sites.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS, BFA or BA with a major in design, graphic design, art direction or industrial design. Understanding of UX methodologies is a must.
- 1-3 years of user interface design experience with mobile and web sites.
- Experience with feature/use case development, wireframe/flow creation, information architecture, rapid prototyping, conceptual design, and UI specifications.
- Experience in visual design and proficient in Photoshop.
- Ability to make strong recommendations based on industry trends, consumer research, business needs and technical feasibility/difficulty. Must be comfortable handling multiple projects, communicating effectively with all levels of the organization, and delivering business value quickly.
- Self-starter who is customer-focused, detail-oriented, highly organized and an enthusiastic team player.
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating past, relevant work experience is required.
- Expert proficiency level in a variety of design and prototyping tools: InVision and Adobe Create Suite.
- Must have Adobe CC
- Must be a strong manager of time and be comfortable using project management tools
Opportunity for full-time depending upon fit